DTI to take Negosyo, Konsyumer ATBP. in Cebu on June 9-11
|The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) will take its integrated services in Cebu City on June 9-11, 2016 as part of the delivery of the various assistance and services to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and consumers in the provinces.
The “Negosyo, Konsyumer ATBP” aims to bring closer to the MSMEs focused and integrated menu of DTI Services and Programs targeted to help MSMEs address the challenges they are currently facing in their business operations and improve their competitiveness.
Opening day activities will include a trade fair featuring products of DTI beneficiaries and information drive on services. There will also be breakout sessions such as the National Logistics Roadmap, Investment Briefing, Sustainable Business Models and Maker trainings.
A seminar on Branding a Business and innovation talks entitled, Slingshot Cebu, which aim to equip, inspire and invigorate key players of the Philippine startup and innovation ecosystem will also be conducted during the three-day event.
The DTI expects MSMEs, exporters, existing and potential entrepreneurs, industry associations, stakeholders, government financial institutions and agencies, non-government organizations, LGUs City and Municipal Economic and Investment Promotion Offices and Negosyo Center counselors and members of the academe to take part in the event.
The first leg of the Negosyo, Konsyumer ATBP. was conducted in Davao last April 25-27 and in Santiago City, Isabela last April 25-29.
During the first half of the year, Negosyo, Konsyumer ATBP. will also be brought to Ilocos Region on May 26 to 27; Eastern Visayas on June 21 to 23; and Zamboanga Peninsula on June 16 to 20.
On the second half of 2016, the Negosyo, Konsyumer ATBP. will be in Cordillera Administrative Region, Central Luzon, Calabarzon, Western Visayas, Central Mindanao, South Cotabato and Caraga Region.
Among the other objectives of the Negosyo, Konsyumer ATBP. are to:
1. Provide a platform to showcase all DTI services, programs and projects in areas accessible to the general public particularly the consumers and businesses
2. Provide and enhance business capabilities of existing and would-be entrepreneurs to strengthen and increase their potential and competitiveness
3. lncrease the level of awareness of consumers on their rights and responsibilities and the business sector on their compliance to the prescribed laws and policies
4. Increase awareness of the public on the various major programs and services of DTI
5. Re-enforce the public’s perception of DTI’ Good Image and strengthen the DTI’s “Ramdam Effect” to the general public.
The activity involves the DTI’s bureaus and attached agencies to ensure easy accessibility to stakeholders, academe, MSMEs, potential entrepreneurs, consumer groups, investors, beneficiaries, among others.