DTI’s Gender and Development Program follows closely the Magna Carta of Women (Republic Act 9710) passed in 2009, which provides specific interventions by DTI on women’s economic empowerment.
DTI programs that focus on women’s participation and benefits in livelihood and entrepreneurial activities are: (i) mainstreaming GAD in development plans, (ii) sustaining women in business, (iii) capacitating women in entrepreneurship, and (iv) greater and better access to business finance.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2016:
- Prepared and submitted GAD-related reports, as follows:
- 2015 DTI GAD Accomplishment Report to COA and Philippine Commission on Women (PCW).
- 2015 DTI Yearend Sex Disaggregated to PSA – Interagency Committee on Gender Statistics.
- 2017 DTI GAD Plan and Budget to PCW through the Gender Mainstreaming Monitoring System (GMMS).
- DTI inputs to the Philippine Report to the UN Committee Meeting on CEDAW
- DTI inputs to the Inter Agency Committee on Gender Statistics during its quarterly meeting at the Philippine Statistics Authority
- DTI Gender Mainstreaming and Evaluation Framework (GMEF) Report to the PCW.
- Organized the following GAD-related activities:
- DTI’s National Women’s Month Celebration on 14 March 2016. One of the highlights of the celebration is the mounting of a photo contest/exhibit with the theme “Juana Itaguyod Mo ang Pagiging Mapanuring Mamimili at Tagalikha ng Kalidad na Produkto”. The contest received 46 submissions from DTI employees in the Head Office and all regional and provincial offices. Ten (10) winners were selected and given various prizes.
- DTI GAD Focal Persons Assembly which was participated by 46 participants representing 11 regions, 6 attached agencies and 9 HO bureaus and service offices. Assembly output includes among others, revised GAD Plan based on inputs from PCW and DTI reviewers.
- One-on-one consultancy on GMEF and GAD Plan and Budget preparation for the following units: PEZA, IPO, PITC, BDTP, CPAB, HRAS and KMIS.
- Gender Mainstreaming and Evaluation Framework for the following units: DTI Regions 1, 8, and 9, CEZA, IPO, PITC, NDC, FTEB, CIAP, PAB, BIS, DTI
- Gender and Development Orientation for DTI-CARAGA.
- Prepared and submitted Position Paper on SB 2982 and HB 6399 on Extended Maternal Leave and comments and recommendations on Enrolled Bill House Bill No. 5572 and Senate Bill No. 3209 on the “Anti-Mail Order Spouse Act.”
- Prepared report to COA on corrective actions undertaken based on the 2015 Audit Observation Memorandum