Building on GREAT Women 1’s success, GREAT Women Project II, also otherwise known as Supporting Women’s Economic Empowerment in the Philippines, is a PhP 334.9-million project that was developed to provide a timely opportunity to improve sustainability, productivity, and competitiveness of women’s micro-enterprises and to continue enhancing the enabling environment for economic empowerment of women.
Under this project, a new module was developed for the Gender Responsive Value Chain Analysis (GRVCA) that factors in “greening” as a vital component in the development of women-owned and family-based SMEs.
DTI handles this project together with Department of Science and Technology (DOST), Department of Agriculture (DA), Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR), Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Philippine Commission on Women (PCW), small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and private sector representatives.
DTI, as the lead implementing agency, has established a project management office based in DTI-Region IVA to coordinate and manage the implementation of the project nationwide.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS OF 2016:
- Conducted the following meetings/workshops:
- GGRVCA workshop for the Southern Mindanao Regions (Regions 11, 12, and CARAGA), Northern Mindanao and Zamboanga Peninsula Regions (Regions 9 and 10), project partners (DOST, DA, BFAR, DTI and private sector representatives)
- GWP 2 DTI Technical Working Group (TWG) Planning Workshop
- 3rd Project Steering Committee (PSC) Meeting
- DTI Year 2 Planning
- Meeting with GWP2 Project Management Officer (PMO) for inputs to the National Convergence Group (NCG) Assessment and Planning
- Facilitated development of the GGRVCA module for use in the conduct of the GGRVCA for the stakeholders. Actual roll-out of the GGRVCA was done to Quezon, Region 4A, Pampanga, Region 3 and Legaspi and Naga, Region 5.
- Conducted the 9th National Convergence Group (NCG) Meeting. Discussion during the meeting included the following: Presentation of highlights of partners’ (DA, DA-BFAR, DTI-PMT, DOST (CO, PTRI), ECHOSi, NATCCO and PCW-PMO) activities in the past 6 months, upcoming activities, concerns and emerging project implementation issues, and recommendations. The draft module of GGRVCA was presented and feedbacks from the partners were provided.
- Conducted the assessment of the project implementation of the GREAT Women 2 Project vis-à-vis the approved Year 1 Work and Financial Plan (WFP) as inputs to the Project Steering Committee (PSC) Meeting on 26 October 2016 and for the Year 2 WFP preparation. The assessment was conducted at the GWP 2 Project Management Office in DTI-Region 4A, Calamba, Laguna.
- Conducted the DTI Regional Coordinators and RGC members on Capacity Enhancement on Monitoring and Evaluation Using the RBM Approach which was held at the Makati Palace Hotel on 17-21 of October 2016. The objective of the workshop was to make the project run smoothly as planned and to help the project on how to address the needs of WMEs, as well as the needs of the Enablers/Implementers in all the regions using the Results-Based Management Approach.
- Developed the Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) Guide, led by PCW and its partner NGAs, LGUs, and private sectors, which is intended for the use of GWP2 implementer