SME ROVING ACADEMY
SME Roving Academy (SMERA) is a continuous learning program for the development of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to become competitive in the domestic and international markets. Its main strategies contain:
- Integration of the business development services for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) at the national and local levels
- Establishment of the Provincial, Regional, and National Entrepreneurship Development Networks
- Management of an inclusive promotion program
- Business Development Services (BDS) Providers
- Local Government Units (LGUs)
- Training institutions, chamber, academe, and financial institutions
- Trade and Industry Associations
- Other government and non-government organizations (NGOs).
- Participants register with DTI Provincial Office - SME Center
- SME Counsellor (with assistance from an expert) diagnoses the needs of the participants
- SME Counsellor (with assistance from an expert) provides the entrepreneur/would be entrepreneur general advice on the training that he/she may need
- SME Counsellor, in coordination with the Network Partners, informs the entrepreneur/would be entrepreneur when and where he/she may be assisted
- SME Counsellor tracks adaptation by the entrepreneur of the business development services provided. 6. SME Counsellor will determine if the entrepreneur needs additional services within the current stage or maybe endorsed to the next stage.
This manual is designed to help the Academy Network understand the overall framework and operations of the SMERA. It is intended to assist the Program Managers (DTI-Regional/Provincial Offices) in implementing the SMERA in their regions/provinces.
Download copy of Operational Manual Audio Visual Presentation.
Download copy of SME Roving Academy Audio Visual Presentation.