AFTA - Chap11 Final Provisions
Chapter 11 - Final Provision
Article 91 - Relation to Other Agreements
1. Subject to paragraph 2 of this Article, all ASEAN economic agreements that exist before the entry into force of ATIGA shall continue to be valid.
2. Member States shall agree on the list of agreements to be superseded within six (6) months from the date of entry into force and such list shall be administratively annexed to this Agreement and serve as an integral part of this Agreement.
3. In case of inconsistency between this Agreement and any ASEAN economic agreements that are not superseded under paragraph 2 of this Article, this Agreement shall prevail.
Article 92 - Amended or Successor International Agreements
If any international agreement or a provision therein referred to, or incorporated into, this Agreement, and such agreement or provision is amended, the Member States shall consult on whether it is necessary to amend this Agreement, unless this Agreement provides otherwise.
Article 93 - Annexes, Attachments and Future Instruments
1. The Annexes and Attachments to this Agreement shall form an integral part of this Agreement.
2. Member States may adopt legal instruments in the future pursuant to the provisions of this Agreement. Upon their respective entry into force, such instruments shall form part of this Agreement.
Article 94 - Amendments
1. The provisions of this Agreement may be modified through amendments mutually agreed upon in writing by the Member States.
2. Notwithstanding paragraph 1 of this Article, the Annexes and Attachments to this Agreement may be modified through amendments endorsed by the AFTA Council. The said amendments shall be administratively annexed to this Agreement and serve as an integral part of this Agreement.
Article 95 - Review
The AFTA Council or their designated representatives shall meet within one (1) year of the date of entry into force of this Agreement and then every two (2) years or otherwise as appropriate to review this Agreement for the purpose of fulfilling the objective of this Agreement.
Article 96 - Entry into Force
1. This Agreement shall be signed by the ASEAN Economic Ministers.
2. This Agreement shall enter into force, after all Member States have notified or, where necessary, deposited instruments of ratifications with the Secretary-General of ASEAN upon completion of their internal procedures, which shall not take more than one hundred and eighty (180) days after the signing of this Agreement.
3. The Secretary-General of ASEAN shall promptly notify all Member States of the notifications or deposit of each instrument of ratification referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article.
Article 97 - Reservations
No reservations shall be made with respect to any of the provisions of this Agreement.
Article 98 - Depositary
This Agreement shall be deposited with the Secretary-General of ASEAN who shall promptly furnish a certified copy thereof to each Member State.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, being duly authorised thereto by their respective Governments, have signed the ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement.
DONE at ----, this ---- Day of ---- in the year -----, in a single original copy in the English language.
For the Government of Brunei Darussalam:
LIM JOCK SENG
Second Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade
For the Royal Government of Cambodia:
Senior Minister and Minister of Commerce
For the Government of the Republic of Indonesia:
MARI ELKA PANGESTU
Minister of Trade
For the Government of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic:
Minister of Industry and Commerce
For the Government of Malaysia:
MUHYIDDIN BIN MOHAMMAD YASSIN
Minister of International Trade and Industry
For the Government of the Union of Myanmar:
U SOE THA
Minister for National Planning and Economic Development
For the Government of the Republic of the Philippines:
PETER B. FAVILA
Secretary of Trade and Industry
For the Government of the Republic of Singapore:
LIM HNG KIANG
Minister for Trade and Industry
For the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand:
Minister of Commerce
For the Government of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam:
VU HUY HOANG
Minister of Industry and Trade