The Department of Trade and Industry established the DTI Direct in 2006, in line with Executive Order (EO) No. 557 (s. 2006) which established an Anti-Red Tape Task Force to reduce red tape in all government agencies. The DTI supports the principles and objectives of said EO and to that end issued Department Order No. 77 (s. 2006) on creating the DTI Direct which shall serve as:
- the central point for handling incoming customer calls regarding queries and requests for assistance to facilitate customers’ access to DTI services;
- the mechanism for adopting the “no wrong door” policy in order to provide prompt, reliable and uniform customer service;
- the direct one number to call for information, assistance and referral on DTI’s frontline services.
To this end, DTI Direct responds to all customer inquiries on various programs and services of the Department. All other concerns received are referred to the appropriate government agencies.
Initially, DTI Direct has only the landline channel through which inquiries are received. Over the years, other communication channels were added to provide more accessibility to the public in reaching DTI. At present, DTI Direct maintains five (5) communication channels through which inquiries are received:
- Landline through telephone number (02) 751-3330
- Mobile phone (call and SMS) through the number (0917) 834-3330
- Social media through the following accounts:
- Public Assistance Desk (PAD) located at the Ground Floor of the DTI – Trade and Industry Building, 361 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City.
DATA PRIVACY AT DTI DIRECT
DTI Direct collects some personal information from clients who contact DTI for inquiries. These data are utilized solely for keeping record of inquiries which shall help DTI Direct in improving its delivery of service. All data are handled in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012. To view our Privacy Notice, click here.