With the support of the Government of Canada, Asian Development Bank (ADB), and GIZ, MSME Resiliency (2015-2016) aims to build disaster-resilient businesses in the Philippines by identifying actions to strengthen resilience of MSMEs, providing technical assistance in strengthening resilience to selected MSMEs on a demand-driven basis, supporting governments in strengthening the enabling environment that promotes risk-sensitive and informed investments by MSMEs, and facilitating knowledge sharing at the regional level.
The project envisions strengthened disaster resilience of micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in selected Southeast Asian developing member countries (DMCs) of the Asian Development Bank.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS OF 2016:
- Submitted yearend report for 2015
- Conducted workshop on of the Philippine Survey on SME resiliency
- Conducted a meeting with Global Affairs Canada’s Senior Development Officer Mr. Nevin Orange and Senior Program Officer Ms. Myrna Jarillas together with DTI-BSMED. The meeting discussed the updates regarding the recently concluded ADPC-DTI project and the possibilities on how to build upon the outcomes with the partnership. The Roadmap’s priorities were presented and topic points for the upcoming meeting of the Global Affairs Canada Director for Philippines and ROG undersecretary were discussed.
- Conducted the Survey of SME-serving stakeholder on 20 January 2016 with 141 respondents
- Conducted one Training of Trainers (TOT) on 22-23 February 2016 at City Garden Grand Hotel with 32 participants
- Participated in the Asian Business Forum 2016 Risk Reduction and Resilience Building on 20-21 April 2016 at the Dusit Thani Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
- Conducted four BCP awareness seminars during the NKATBP of Regions 2, 12, 9 & 4A
- Prepared a Report on Disaster Resilience of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the Philippines: Enabling Environment and Opportunities in July 2016
- Conducted the 2016 National Business Forum: SME Development and Disaster Resilience on 26-27 July 2016 at the New World Makati Hotel