The Development Cooperation Framework outlines (DCF) the basis in which the Department of Trade and Industry engages with multilateral financial institutions, development organizations and representatives of partner foreign governments, in the pursuit of its mandate discussed extensively in the 2017 – 2022 Philippine Development Plan. These development partners provide pathways, expertise and resources that are relevant to DTI’s organizational outcomes, particularly in: Rural agri-based MSMEs, Inclusive growth, Gender and development, Green growth, Climate change mitigation and adaptation, Good governance, UN sustainable development goals, and Other areas of international commitment by the Government of the Philippines.
Partnerships in these areas are designed, developed and implemented in projects in a manner that promotes and strengthens specific sectoral and sub-sectoral outcomes that are implemented by different bureaus, agencies and partners of DTI.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2018
- Submitted the final reports on the results of the 2017 DCF workshop.
- Prepared required documents for the conduct of the 2018 Development Cooperation Framework (DCF) Workshop e.g. Authority to Conduct Workshop, Activity Design, Proposed Program, Proposed Budget, Terms of Reference for consultant for the workshop, invitations to resource persons and participants, among others.
- Conducted the 2018 DCF Workshop on 10-11 Dec. Workshop highlights are as follows:
- 29 workshop participants: 14 from regions, 11 from HO bureaus/offices, and 6 from attached agencies
- UNIDO and ADB presented their respective Country Assistance Strategies
- NEDA provided updates on Chapters 8 and 9 of the 2017 – 2022 Philippine Development Plan, noting sectoral outcomes that were achieved or missed in 2018
- DTI Development Cooperation Framework and list of pipelined and ongoing project were presented to participants
- Workshop outputs:
- Clarified participants’ perspective on development cooperation
- Validated the 4 strategies of the DCF with some improvement/details suggested
- Identified areas and program gaps that have potential opportunities for partnership with development institutions
- Provided listing of project ideas for development or integration with foreign assisted projects.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN 2017
- Drafted the activity design and prepared administrative and budget requirements for the conduct of DCF workshop last December. The former Philippine International Trading Corporation (PITC) President Ms. Maria Lourdes T. Baua was tapped to help design and facilitate the workshop. The workshop was attended by 27 participants representing 10 regional offices, 5 attached agencies, and 12 bureaus. The country assistance strategies of the International Fund for Agricultural Development and the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) were presented, and 3 workshop outputs containing project ideas based on three (3) sectoral outcomes from Philippine Development Plan chapters 5, 8, and 9 were produced.